- Magic tricks on television that are achieved rather by TV tricks than by magic methods
- When forum threads about magic books are sooo much better than the books themselves
- Genii editor Richard Kaufman telling you in the digital video supplement of the magazine what you will find in the very same issue that you are already reading
- When the performance and the explanation are essentially and inadvertently one and the same video on YouBurp
- Magicians performing a bad trick badly and then telling you why it’s a good trick and how successful they are with it (not as uncommon as you might think, you inveterate optimist!)
- Along similar lines: When, according to their own reviews, performer, critic and audience have obviously attended very different shows simultaneously.