Oy, 2020 turned out bigger and better than I had anticipated! With “only” about 100 new posts, the total number of visitors and views grew about 80% over 2019, attracting visitors from 90 countries and all continents. By far the most views came again from Germany and the U.S., followed by Austria, the UK and the Netherlands. Thank you all!
Some favorite posts and categories of the past year, according to your direct hits and clicks:
- Maybe not too surprisingly, Free Things to Do in Corona Quarantine was a major hit in March and April, when COVID-19 shook the world and lead to many lockdowns. I was quite early in compiling links and suggestions how to spend your enforced “me-time” magically.
- From the humor department, my “research” piece on magic tricks displayed on our familiar playing cards in four parts found many readers, and I am very happy about that!
- My line of aging interviews, both in English and German, remains a constant favorite, and I will try to add a few more this year.
- Also, the categories Magic Art and Tricks & Ideas have gained considerable traction. I certainly need to add more content to these constantly!
- “Alles was man man sammeln kann” (which translates as “Anything you could collect”) is still a rather popular German Google search which drives unsuspecting people to my site, hopefully stimulating a few to dive deeper into the wonderful world of magic.
Thank you for your interest and loyalty, your word of mouth and your comments! Please keep returning occasionally in 2021. There’s more in store for you!